- 06-Sep-2013 to 24-Sep-2013 (PST)
- Nursing Assistant
- Kirkland/Lynnwood/Snohomish, WA, USA
- Full Time
The Nursing Assistant, Certified (NAC) works in an Alliance Nursing Adult Family Home with 4 to 6 adults who are in need of 24-hour skilled nursing care due to catastrophic birth anomalies, accidents, debilitating neurological diseases and other life threatening medical conditions. The NAC is responsible for providing care for residents in the adult family homes as directed by the nurse and according to the plan of care. S/he is also responsible for preparing and serving meals for residents in compliance with regulations and as directed by the nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor. Responsible for cleaning and ensuring the adult family home is clean and tidy. The NAC is responsible for all laundry including linens and resident clothing using universal precautions and Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations. The NAC is responsible for ordering supplies, groceries and other items as directed by the nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, supervisors and managers.
- Must possess the ability to work as part of a team in the adult family home and be able to set and accomplish care goals under the supervision of the nurse on duty.
- Ability to understand and address client/resident expectations and provide excellence in care and service consistent with the organization's mission.
- Working knowledge or self-initiative to become knowledgeable of applicable local, state, and federal laws and accreditation standards as applicable to the role.
- Must be able to communicate in English; verbally, reading and writing, in a way that is understood by others.
Must have the ability to engage in physical activity, which may include heavy lifting (up to 40 pounds) extensive bending, standing or twisting while caring for client while providing total care.
Must be able to perform CPR on the floor. Must be physically and mentally able to evacuate the client/resident independently, in the event of an emergency. Evacuation may include pushing or pulling one or more patient occupied beds and/or wheelchairs with ventilator equipment (approx 30 lbs) from the inside of a house to the outside of a house.
Must also be able to assist client in position changes and transfers. Transfers may be done using a Hoyer lift. Does not always have the availability of another person to help with these transfers. Must be able to change bedding, perform moderate to heavy housekeeping duties, laundry, cooking and restocking supplies.
Alliance Nursing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!